Tuesday, April 12, 2005

What a weekend!

One thing about Colorado weather is that you can rarely predict it with any confidence. Just when you think summertime - or at least spring - is just around the corner you get buried in three feet of snow. That's what happened to us, anyway.


You may have heard about the blizzard that hit Colorado over the weekend. It was something to look out the window and see the white stuff going horizontal. That's right. Perfectly sideways. As a result we have some major drifts. Well, not so major now after the sun came back in force and toasted everything. What we'll end up with is a nice muddy mess. It was good to be safe and warm while we sat and watched it. Not everyone was so lucky.


It's unusual for Woodland Park Community Church to close it's doors due to snow but we had to this weekend. Being part of the choir for the morning I showed up for our planned rehearsal at 7:30AM only to find everyone standing at the door looking at the snow as it began to increase it's fury. The pastors decided that it was prudent to cancel services. We all agreed it was a good idea. To think that just a few hours before it was sunny and warm. I love snow but I confess that I'm ready for the warmth of sunshine for a while.


The dogs didn't quite know how to deal with it all. The drifts were up to our back porch and the snow in the back yard was nearly to the top of the fence. There was simply nowhere for them to go. Diving off into it they disappeared momentarily and looked back at me as if to ask "What in the world is this?" I ended up shoveling some of it away so they could at least do their business somewhere other than right in front of the back steps. We have pictures of the blizzard's work but my limitations on this web page prevent me from posting them. I hope it won't be too much longer before I find a solution to that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home