Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year -- New Opportunities

The frantic festivities of the Christmas season have faded and the excitement of welcoming in a new year has begun to wear off. Many people make resolutions around this time of year to change something in their life. While I believe that it's true that setting goals in your life should happen when the thought hits you, it's still not such a bad thing to come to terms with things in your life at the dawn of a new year. Better then than never.


I am not normally one of those persons that sets new year's resolutions but I think this year I will announce at least two:


Get more exercise


Be more diligent in my writing



As to the first one: I go for a long walk at least once a week but I want to increase that. Ideally it will be daily. Weather in these parts does not always make that possible, or even a safe thing to do but I will make an effort be out there as often as I can. Several miles walk every day is a good investment in one's health.



As for my second resolution: I desire to write. I've even been working on a number of potential novels and non-fiction works. That's the clincher-- potential. Thing is, until they are completed that's as far as it goes. I've also not been as diligent in making posts here and I keep promising to get better at that.


It seems to be a strange fact that the older you get, the faster the days seem to fly by. I've always known that to do anything requires focus, conviction, dedication, and desire. I do this well in my singing groups but it seems other things I truly want to do sometimes get away from me. Choosing to change that is the first step. Writing is hard work but it does come easier the more you do it. While I keep a private journal and write in it regularly, my public musings have suffered. I plan to change that this year.



To all you other "resovlers" -- Happy New Year and the best to you. May your resolutions continue and your life be blessed because of the effort.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home